They were going to send an emergency team to the home and make it an emergency, however an hour later, the heating and air conditioning supplier called me back.
I finally woke up this afternoon, and I could smell fuel in the house; however, the first thing I thought was that fuel was leaking from our gas tank, and I had to turn the furnace off before it caught fire! I walked outside, and the smell was just as bad, then now, I was wondering if I had fuel delivered and they spilled some fuel on the ground. I called the gas supplier and asked if they had delivered fuel to the house. They said no and asked what was going on. I told them about the smell of fuel, but she told me to call the heating and air conditioning corporation. She thought there could be something wrong with the fuel nozzle; however, I should turn on anything in the basement or in the house. She also recommended I leave in case there is a misfire and the furnace blows up. This made me feel even less safe. I went to my sibling’s home and called the heating and air conditioning corporation. They were going to send an emergency team to the home and make it an emergency, however an hour later, the heating and air conditioning supplier called me back. They had gone into the home and done an inspection of the home and the furnace. They found nothing wrong, but they detected the smell of gas in the home and outside as well. The heating and air conditioning supplier wanted to call the gas supplier and have them check their natural gas lines in the area; she said this could be a widespread problem. If not for the heating and air conditioning supplier, several people could have lost their homes, and possibly their lives.